Tory Burch (born June 17, 1966; née Robinson) is an American fashion designer, business woman, and philanthropist, who has won several fashion awards for her designs. She is the Chairman, CEO, and Designer of Tory Burch LLC. As of 2014, she is listed as the 79th most powerful woman in the world by Forbes.
Burch was born in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, the daughter of Reva (née Schapira) and Ira Earl "Bud" Robinson (1923â2007). She was raised with her three brothers (Robert, James and Leonard) in a Valley Forge farmhouse, a 250-year old Georgian near the Valley Forge National Historical Park.
Her father was a wealthy investor who inherited a stock exchange seat and a paper cup company. He dated Grace Kelly and Joan Bennett before marrying Reva, an actress who had dated both Steve McQueen and Marlon Brando. Burch is Jewish on her mother's side.
Burch attended the Agnes Irwin School in Rosemont, Pennsylvania, where she rode horses, was captain of the tennis team, and was a friend of jewelry designer Kara Ross (they remain friends today). Her first job was at Benetton in the King of Prussia Mall. She then attended the University of Pennsylvania, where she was a member of the sorority Kappa Alpha Theta. She majored in art history, and graduated in 1988.
- Tory Robinson, 1966-06-17) June 17, 1966 (age 48), Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, United States
- New York City
- University of Pennsylvania
- Fashion designer, Chairman, CEO and Designer at Tory Burch LLC
- Known for
- Tory Burch line of clothing and accessories
- Net worth
- US$ 1.0 billion (March 2013)
- William Macklowe (1993; divorced), J. Christopher Burch (1996-2006; divorced)
- 2005 Rising Star, Fashion Group International, 2007 brand launch award, Accessories Council of Excellence, CFDA Accessories Designer of the Year, 2008